Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

I have dreams

 I have dreams 

by Antonia Lee, Sara Fung, Christy Fung, Rachel Lam

I have no dreams in my life

And I do not concede that

I have talents

I am not a person who contributes

And I refuse to believe that

I will be useful

I tell you this:

In the future

I will not be famous

No longer can it be said that

my friends and parents will support me

It will be evident that

I am apathetic

It is foolish to presume that

I have dreams

Life is like a battlefield

Without dreams

Being a lawyer, will not be my aim

Being an accountant, will not be my goal

Being a doctor, will not be my dream

I would never say that

There is hope in my life

Who do you think this poem is referring to? I think it is referring to the fact that we don’t always have to be perfect.


Why did the authors write this poem?  I think they wrote this poem so it can inspire other people to achieve their dreams.


How effective is the poem read in reverse? When it is read in reverse it sounds positive but when you read it forward it sounds negative.


If you could give this poem another title, what would it be? I have hope 


What does the word concede mean? admit or agree that something is true after first denying or resisting it.


How do you feel when you read the first 4 lines of the poem from the top? I feel like its negative 


How do you feel when you read the first 4 lines of the poem from the end? I feel like everyone has a dream...


‘Life is like a battlefield’ what is this line referring to?’ That our life is hard sometimes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.